The Rutgers Center for Management Development (CMD) will be offering an Online Mini-MBA: Social Media Marketing Program starting on February 28, 2011. This unique Social Media Marketing course is the first online executive education program to be offered as one of the Rutgers Mini MBA programs.
“From Facebook to LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube – firms and individuals are embracing social media platforms at an ever-increasing pace. This unique online program addresses the many issues surrounding this new phenomenon and provides a roadmap to help individuals and firms navigate social media to gain a competitive edge,” says Eric Greenberg, the Faculty Chair of the Online Social Media Marketing Mini MBA Course.
“While some people have flown to New Jersey from as far away as Seoul, South Korea, to take our in-class social media marketing course, we are excited to be able to offer our online course to a global audience. We will continue to increase the in-class offerings to additional locations, including China, but the online format will allow people, regardless of their location, to take advantage of our unique faculty and programs,” he adds.
Participants gain the knowledge, experience, and practical skills to immediately apply their learning in the workplace.
Justin Leshynski, the Vice President of Davanti Digital Media, who attended the first in-class social media marketing course in December 2010, created a video afterwards that is entitled, “Social Media for All: How Social Media Changed Small Business Marketing.” The video says:
- 75% of U.S. households use social media.
- In 2010, 68% of small businesses increased their social media marketing, which drove immediate results to their business.
- 20% of tweets are about products or brands.
- Companies that blog receive 55% more traffic to their website than those that don’t.
- 85% of social media users believe companies should interact with their customers.
This program addresses questions such as:
- How much should a firm invest in social media?
- What are the best social media strategies and tactics to employ?
- How can a firm measure and track social media?
- How can a firm integrate social media into the overall marketing plan?
- How can individuals employ social media to further their careers?
Topics covered include:
- Intro to Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Video & YouTube
- Blogging for Business
- Social Media Applications
- Images & Social Media Marketing
- Social News Networks
- Viral Marketing
- Online Reputation Management
- Measuring Social Media ROI
The 12-week online faculty led program includes videos, faculty evaluated exercises, section quizzes, plus a final project and exam. Additionally, different faculty members will host live weekly “Virtual Office Hours” throughout the program to discuss the most current developments in the field and answer student questions. The program also features an innovative online learning environment, supported by a highly qualified team of Rutgers faculty mentors.
This online course is designed for executives or teams of professionals working in marketing, advertising, branding, communications, or sales. It is also appropriate for individuals seeking to employ social media to further their business careers.
The cost of the Online Mini-MBA: Social Media Marketing Program is $3,500, which includes all instructional materials and fees.
For more information go online to the Rutgers Center for Management Development at http://www.cmd.rutgers.edu/contact.html.