The most powerful social media event I’ve known about until now, starts today: Social Media Marketing World in San Diego. An event that brings together the best Social Web professionals in the US. More than 1,000 participants from around the world: Australia, India, Russia, Latin America or Spain in an event with 58 speeches on the different areas that make up the social media universe.
I like attending only one such event every year and this, for me, was undoubtedly THE event of the year. So here we are, Lucas and myself, willing to get the most out of every minute we spend at #SMMW13. To achieve this, we’ve planned our days according to our needs. It’s going to be hard with 5 speeches going on at the same time in 5 different halls!
This is going to be our Social Media Marketing World 2013 Plan: I’ve listed below the speeches we’re attending, with times, speakers, place and the name of the speech.
- 8:30 to 9:30 – Michel Stelzner (8:15) San Diego Ballroom: “Social Media Marketing in 2013: New Research and Its Implications” – Larry Benet (9:00): “Advanced Networking: How to Make Lasting Connections.”
- 10:30 to 11:15 – Option A. Mari Smith Room A: “Super Session: 10 Ways to Improve Your Facebook Reach.” Option B. Mitch Joel. Room B: “Super Session: Five Strategic Business Movements That Change Your Brand Forever.”
- 11:30 to 12:15 – Option A. Guy Kawasaki. Room A: “Using Google+ to Build a Platform.” Option B. James Wedmore. Room B: “How to Use YouTube to Build an Unstoppable Brand.”
- 14:15 to 15:00 – Option A. Rich Brooks. Room F: “Beyond Likes: How to Turn Fans into Customers.” Option B. Kyle Lacy: “5 Social and Digital Trends Impacting Consumer Behaviors.”
- 15:15 to 16:00 – Nichole Kelly. Room C: “Social Media ROI: How to Finally Deliver Measurable Results.”
- 16:15 to 17:00 – Sally Hogshead. San Diego Ballroom: “How to Fascinate With Your Social Media Messages.”
- 8:00 to 9:00 – Jay Baer with Mark Schaefer, Chris Brogan and Mario Sundar. San Diego Ballroom: “Are We Getting Better or Just Busier.”
- 9:45 to 10:30 – Chris Brogan. Room C: “Your Aren’t Going to Like This: Social Media Isn’t the Answer.”
- 10:45 to 11:30 – Option A. Beth Hayden. Room C: “Using Pinterest to Connect with Your Customers, Get More Traffic and Make More Sales.” Option B: Michael Brito. Room B: “Transforming Your Brand Into the Next Media Company.”
- 11:45 to 12:30 – Option A: Jesse Stay: Room B: “Google+ Marketing Success: It’s Much More Than a Social Network.” Option B: Eduardo Tobon. Room C: “Beyond Transactions: How to Engage a Global Audience.”
- 14:00 a 14:45 – Option A. Callan Green and Karen Worley. Room F: “How Brands Leverage Pinterest and Instagram.” Option B: Mark Schaefer. Room C: “Twitter Fever: Twitter’s Ballistic New Role In Marketing, Media and Popular Culture.”
- 15:00 to 15:45 – Neal Schaffer. Room C: “How to Implement and Optimize Your Social Strategy.”
- 16:00 to 16:45 – Dave Kerpen. San Diego Ballroom: “Why It Pays to Be Likeable.”
Follow it with me
We have created this plan to organise our time better, attend the speeches we’re interested in and, even better, to inform about what’s going on in real time, through my Twitter and Instagram accounts and the hashtag #SMMW13. Next Tuesday, you’ll find a complete summary for Day 1, with my thoughts, feedback and conclusions of the speeches I attend, as well as further reflections that arise from the event and surroundings themselves. I’ll post the summary of Day 2 on Wednesday.