“Writing is thinking and rethinking everything“ – David Perell.
Isra Garcia interviews young internet genius, entrepreneur, and educator David Perell about the art of building communities through online writing and creating and maximizing ideas that matter to people. It’s a conversation about mastering writing in its many forms and integrating everyday life to gain practical wisdom that can be applied to businesses, communities, and individuals.
“One of the biggest mistakes we make is how often we separate the body from the mind.”
Who is David Perell
“When you write, you find people you will never find in your life” – David Perell.
David Perrell runs a writing School called Write of Passage, a 5-weeks online course s of intense instruction, where David gives hundreds of students the tools to publish their ideas, build an online audience, and accelerate their careers.
He’s a prolific writer; his essays cross between travel, culture, media, marketing, and technology. Nevertheless, most of his writings orbit around our relationship with information, especially how we make sense of the world by consuming ideas.
“I don’t think writing is my gift; the reason I do this is that I’m not good at it“
David is an expert in publishing high-quality content, discovering strengths, communicating effectively and transparently, and building a personal monopoly online.
Disrupt everything podcast – David Perell on why writing is integrating heaven on earth
“Opportunities are often created”
This podcast tells the story of a 28-year-old internet scholar, podcaster, and Twitter influencer named David Perell. He is on a quest to serve and provide value by harnessing the power of writing and reading to build powerful ideas and compelling content pieces like essays, guides, white papers or tweets.
“I get a lot of value for walking and going to the gym” – David Perell
“I take a lot of naps, this helps me to stay fresh and in a great state of mind“
Interview main topics
- How is David feeling right now?
- The power of written integration.
- The more we write…
- Major highlights and life milestones.
- The opportunity David is most proud of.
- Awareness techniques.
- Training in writing and writing systems and processes.
- How to be disciplined and write effectively.
- Zero-to-hero strategy and tactics when typing online.
- How to walk the virtuous path.
- Top tips for writing clearly.
- David’s system for taking notes.
- Stay focused when writing.
- What are your “must read” books in his favourite disciplines?
- Morning and night routines followed by David Perell.
- David’s best lifesaving device yet.
- How David deals with stress.
- David’s mechanisms for working, living and enjoying life as much as possible.
- Three/four tools are irreplaceable in David’s lifestyle.
- What David thinks about sacred principles or untouchable beliefs.
- Rapid-fire questions.
“I have a burst of clarity and try to capture as many ideas as I can” – David Perell
Vídeo interview with David Perell
Here’s the video interview with subtitles too:
Isra Garcia interviews David Perell about writing online to get your life off the ground
“Have the courage to attract and repel people in your community. When in doubt, kick them out of your community“
Podcast show notes
Find links, resources and people discussed in the interview with David Perell:
- Invest Like the Best – podcast.
- Perell website.
- Write of Passage course.
- Otter – voice meeting notes and real-time transcriptions.
- David’s podcast.
- Monday Musings.
- Friday Finds.
- David Perell’s Twitter account.
- Youtube account.
“Go out, give it out all and then come back in a state of deep relaxation. Have a Usain Bolt approach to excellence” – David Perell
Listen, download, subscribe
Listen and subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Ivoox, Castbox FM, Player FM or RSS. You can even access the video channel and view the web series. Also, you can listen to the podcast here.
You can also listen directly from the Disrupt Everything podcast series homepage.