1. People get in the habit of telling what you can do and what not. Ignore no-requested advice, whatsoever.
2. You can do anything you want to – unless it’s harmful to other people or you – if it takes you to the sweet spot you are shooting for. No matter what, if it works for you and it’s honest, skip the haters, shun the non-believers and ignore the crowd.
3. What’s scarce it’s valuable. What’s rare it’s chased. No is a true successful value proposition. Betting against the status quo is an underrated strategy. All of this works pretty well today, even it’s sometimes skipped for most of us.
4. Time is a choice. While you’re killing time, time is killing you. Don’t fight against time, hack it.
5. Breaking patterns will take you far from you want to travel. Build your own lifestyle. Focus your energy on things that make you feel uncomfortable. Work on embracing uncertainty. Disconnect from the connected world from time to time. Get real and dance with the fear.
6. Instead of goal-setting, do fear-setting.
7. Forget your competition, you only should race against yourself, your attitude, your time, overcome customer expectations, enchant people and commitment. Nobody won a triathlon looking at the rear.
8. If your art doesn’t stand out, two options: first, perhaps it’s not matching with your passion. Second, maybe you need to do it better, and more.
9. The given chance of somebody picking you, it’s more and more delusional. Everyone is busy and less relevant than they use to be. The alternative, step forward and chose yourself.
Once you know it, what will you do next?